Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Abstract painting

Thank you for the positive responses to my recent postings.
A very good question was posed by my sister, Barbara.
I recently read an article in Artists Sketchbook magazine by Laurie Fendrich which reflects my own thoughts. It was in the June 2002 issue.
For me these pieces are intuitive, reacting to the colors, shapes and feelings of whats happening.
For me there is no preconceived idea of where it will end up and only the artist knows when it is finished. There are many "stopping places".
Some of the things Laurie writes are to be open minded, to think, to not look for realistic images and to not expect anyone to explain it to you.
I would include Art Critics who pretend to know what the artist was thinking.

No comments: