Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

First time batik

Not having time in the 60s(due to kids and a job) to try tie dye this was a first for me.
This introductory class was presented by the Olive Hyde Guild on Thursday.
Used hot wax resist and then dipping into our choice of primary colors on silk.
The second piece was on cotton. I was short of time so rushed to block out large white flowers with wax and then used a brush to paint areas. Havent managed to get the wax out yet.
Theses photos actually have me in them

On far left in one and in center of the other. Isn't it a kick?

No comments: