Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bon Voyage

Tomorrow I leave for Paris, France. By the time I get there it will be Wed morning.
I will be staying at the Villa Beaumarchais in the Marais area of Paris. This area has a history of being very old, The Jewish quarter and a bohemian area. Lots of things to see.
Not doing the Museums this time. maybe the Monet . We have had  great Impressionist exhibits in SF from the Orsay. And now Picasso. I saw two Picasso musums in Spain a few years ago.
On July 2nd eight of us will be picked up for a bus trip to Giverny where we will stay at
 La Pluie de Roses, a delightful B&B, formerly the home of the  caretaker of Monet's Gardens. There is a museum here with a Bonnard show which I plan to see. Of course we will spend time in Monet's gardens and see his home.
Then on the 5th of July we return to Paris and take the train to Bordeaux, then bus to Le Petit Rousset in the Dordogne area for a week. Some days we will walk to nearby town of Eymet and a little church up the hill. We will also have two outings by bus to small towns. chateaus and more.
We will sketch and paint with pencil, ink and watercolor, both on site and in the studio.
Of course you are envious, yes?
Will fill you in on my return as I dont expect to do much computer.
Au Revoir mes amis

No comments: