Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Collage Portrait

After seeing and enjoying a demo by artist, Derek Gores I was excited to try his technique. here is how I did it and the end result.
On a piece of Fome core 16"x 16" I drew a simple outline of a woman's profile using a Sharpie black ink pen. I then went looking for a couple of magazines with good quality paper. Found two in our clubhouse. Then the fun and mess began. Tearing and placing various pieces of paper, then gluing it down with acrylic gloss medium continued for a couple of days. The idea is to pick paper pieces using values (lights and Darks) and variations  as your guideline and creating an image of these. Now that it is done i have put one coat of gloss varnish over all. Here it is...Enjoy!

No comments: