Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Autumn Days

When I left off last I was preparing to go with my good friend Donna to Occidental CA.
We joined a group of artists at the Occidental Hotel for 4 days of painting  and getting to know this quaint little town whose claim to fame is restaurants. Yes people go there to eat.
I did three paintings.
Saint Phillip Church: which I donated to the church. Hope they can use it for a fundraising raffle.
Vera: a boat I saw in Bodega Bay on one of our outings. It was cold and foggy so had lunch and took some photos. painted them later. This is being sold to cousin, Mary.
Sonoma Coast: this was a new experience. Painted on Ampersand Aquabord, a surface for water media painting. can be varnished and need not be framed under glass. Enjoyed doing it and will try this surface again.


No comments: