Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The best laid plans......

iYou might remember at the start of 2014 I was all set to celebrate my 80 year mark .
Well, lets review the highlights and lowlights so far. Cant believe it is September already.
Spent an enjoyable week in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta with long time friends, Fran and Wayne, who live in Mexico half time and Canada the other half. High livin' in amazing resorts as their guests.

Taught a couple of classes in Feb. Planned to take a break but little did I know what was in store.
My husband , Jack, had a stroke while driving. Fortunately he stopped before anything serious happened. No one hurt, minor damage to our car.
After several days in hospital he came home with me as caregiver and do everything person.
At that point outlook was rather bleak. However with care and lots of help he did a good job of recovery. Except for pre existing back problem.  That continues to be a problem.
During March I had to adjust my plans for a show in April. Not time to do as I had planned so looked at what was on hand and put together a mixed media group of twenty or so pieces. That seems to be where my work is going these days. Show was a success . Lots of friends and clients at reception and sales   were good too.
These are two self portraits done with Myrna Wacknov , master painter and painter of hundreds of self portraits in this unusual  and amazing method.
Yes these are me!
Watch out Picasso!
Moving right along but not finding much time to paint .

Then came the month of May and our 58th anniversary. Wow!
At this point I went for a CT scan, following up CT and PET scans over the previous year.


No comments: