Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

An amazing week.
Saturday and Sunday I gave a workshop on painting watercolor on YUPO "paper"
This is a plastic surface developed in Japan for use in printmaking. It also takes watercolor well. The paint is totally removable for a period of time but adheres pretty firmly in time.
When that happens you can remove it all with Mr Clean sponge cleaners. Similar products may be fond in Asian markets.
Rumor is that an older artist made the comment when entering a nursing home, "just give me one piece of YUPO and my paints. Thats all I need"


Here are a couple of students art work . We did some abstracting as well as representational. A fun experience for all. Bottom is my unfinished piece.
Thanks to Patty O'Rourke for photos.

1 comment:

Magnetic Island Artist Edward Blum. said...

Brilliant,you have so much talent and you share that knowledge. I admire that.