Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Week of Bailey class

I have actually completed 4 paintings now but will only post 2 today. I chose to use my Scottish gurgle bottle in a still life( the assigned Project for 10 weeks and 20 paintings), then added a vase that belonged to my mother-in-law and a wine bottle with an interesting label which is often how I choose a bottle of wine. These will be the starting point for all 20 full sheet watercolor paintings. In the first one I also added a fish shape to the back ground to hold it all together. This is a wooden fish that hangs on my bathroom wall.
The first image represents the objects as they appear.
The second is a line dominant image.
Both are on 140# cold press Arches paper 22x30"

Tomorrow is class critique of no. 3&4

No comments: