Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Better late than never

Cleo


Value Viewer img
Value Viewer img

This is really embarrassing. So much time has passed without a comment from me.
What have I been doing? A lot it seems.
February: I will fill you in starting here.
IPad is working and some of our Tuesday Painters Group have become quite clever with them.
My fave app is Value Viewer . I use it to check values in preparation for the actual painting and again when I think it might be nearing completeion. Easy to take a quick snapshot with I Pad and move it to the app.
Did I tell you I did a demo for Fremont Art Association on various approaches to collage? From the use of handmade and rice papers(washi) combined with watercolor to torn paper collage, no paint, using material from quality magazines which I scrounge as the only mags I buy are Art publications.
Standing room only I am told. Son, Tom, did a video which I have not seen yet . Hope to have an excerpt for U TUBE soon.
This was followed by a 3day workshop in March. Lots of fun but tiring for this old bod.
Also held a Monday Drop in class for a few weeks. Worked well. Averaged 5 students per day. Nice size group. Am taking summer off and to consider how much more teaching I will do.
Still plan to do the cruise ship gig.
Visited the De Young Museum in Feb and again in March. Jack and I went to see "The Girl With the Pearl Earring" by Vermeer. felt like I had watched it being painted after seeing the movie. Also showing were amazing etchings by Rembrandt and others as weel as paintings by Rembrandt and other Dutch artists of the time. Think many of the old master works were painted by candle light which could explain the darkness of many. After all Holland would have short daylight hours .
Of course Rembrandt brought us his well known "triangle of light".
The second visit was to the Annual "Bouquets D'Art". My first time to see this. very worthwhile.
A pre picked group of florists were assigned to do an arrangement that represented a painting in the Museum's collection. Pretty spectacular!
Also saw the "Girl" again as a friend had an extra pass. Then Carol, who was driving took us to coast. Had drinks and deep fried calamari at the Windmill . Yum. Did not know there was a restaurant there.

Am going to stop here and post some photos, then get back later. Promise!

No comments: