Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

I did it!

I have been fulfilling one of my items on my Bucket List. That is to publish a book of my sketches. This will hopefully be the first of several. "North to Alaska" is a collection of ink and watercolor sketches from my sketchbooks following the West Coast from Northern California to Alaska.
Having travelled this route By RV, plane and cruise ship I have had to search for pages in several sketchbooks and then scan them.
My childhood was partly lived in the Queen Charlotte Islands just south of Alaska, off the BC coast.
So the area has a special joy for me. The Islands also known as the Misty Isles are now officially called Haida Gwai, the Haida Indian name.
The book is now being published and will soon be available.
I will be teaching once more on Celebrity ship in August leaving Vancouver BC on the 4th for one week.
This is the cover painting.

No comments: