Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Holiday Time and another Year coming.
This has been a roller coaster year.
My 80th Birthday was a lovely occasion. What I do not understand is how did I get to be 80? Used to think that was very old. Now I think not.  A little slower, a little wiser I hope.
Had lovely visits with three nieces in August and from brother Jim and Barbie in November.
Have come across some new cousins in my genealogy quest. Actually , they contacted me. Cool.
Had several awards for paintings in Juried shows.
Not as prolific as in the past. A couple of  major health issues for my husband and myself. Hope we are done with that for awhile.
Plans for 2015 include teaching a three day workshop on Collage and Mixed Media coming up in March.
Teaching Cruise to Alaska with Celebrity in August from Vancouver BC. Will also get to visit my sister Barbara.
Some unfinished pieces to finish,  maybe a few to toss or cut up or gesso over and rework.
I look forward  with a positive attitude to whatever is in store for me .
Thats an overview of 2014 here.

No comments: